A college preparatory high school offering hands-on experience for tomorrow's leaders in business, education and technology (Grades 9 - 12).
South Texas Business, Education & Technology Academy (BETA) opened in August 2003. It was formerly The Teacher Academy of South Texas, which opened in 1993. In addition to a rigorous academic curriculum, BETA provides hands-on instruction in the career fields of business, education and technology.
Community and Education Partnerships with: University of Texas at Austin, University of Texas-Pan American, University of Texas at Brownsville, South Texas College, Lone Star National Bank, The Museum of South Texas History, Edinburg Economic Development Corporation, Mendoza & Associates Consulting Engineers
- 2011 U.S. News & World Report's Best High Schools Silver Medal School
- Ranked 1st in the state and 17th in the nation in the U.S. News & World Report Most Connected Classrooms Rankings
- Texas Education Agency Recognized Campus
- National Center for Educational Achievement (NCEA) Higher Performing School
- Ranked in Newsweek's Top 100 High Schools
- Ranked 90th in the nation (out of over 1,900 campuses) and 19th in the state in the Washington Post's High School Challenge Index
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme Candidate School - see IB course sequence here
- Accredited by the Texas Education Agency and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools